Excuse me, August, where did you go? Anyone else feeling like this?! A part of me is excited to transition into Fall (it’s my favorite season after all) but the other part of me wants the warm days to stick around. In the next couple of months, we will be traveling to Charleston, NYC (twice), Oklahoma City, Vermont, and Newport. I’m trying to get a lot of work done now so that I can really enjoy my time on each trip. Which leads me to how I’m going to savor the last days of Summer:
1. Take a Personal Day: Last week I took the day off with my new friend, Megan of The Well Essentials, and we headed to Nantucket to get inspired and unplug. Since taking the day off without Evie can be pretty expensive, I brought her along and she had a blast. There’s something incredibly motivating about getting out of the studio and visiting shops that inspire you. A couple shops that I loved on Nantucket Island were: Bodega, Space, and Parchment. The next day I was feeling extra rejuvenated and tackled SO much on my to-do list! Talk about a return on the investment. FYI Boston friends, I recommend taking the 8:30 am fast ferry out of Hyannis and return on the 5:45 pm ferry – it’s the perfect amount of time to explore the shops and beautiful streets + enjoy a nice lunch. It only takes 1 hr. 15 min to drive from Boston to Hyannis. It’s definitely a long day, but it’s very relaxing and well worth it!
2. Eat Outside: Since moving to New England, I try to find a way to eat lunch and/or dinner outside as much as possible during the warm months. Basically anytime there’s a patio option, I’m in! Is it just me or do drinks taste a little better when enjoyed outside in the sunshine? The other night we went to our neighbors to grill out and ended the night with s’mores by the fire pit, it was the ideal way to spend a Summer night. We are making this a priority the next few weeks! We’ve been loving Stonewall Kitchen’s selection of chips & salsa and this jam is a staple in my cheese boards.
3. Pamper Yourself: I’m also focusing on enjoying my Summer skincare products and adding a few more pampering nights to my calendar. Currently, I’m using the Suntegrity sunscreen, hands down my favorite and smells like oranges! This will continue into my Fall routine as well, but it’s extra important during the Summer months. Ursa Major Essential Face Wipes are my new go-to for removing makeup or a quick cleanse. I use these after I go on a run and love the way they smell!
4. Walk vs. Driving/Taking the Subway: Taking the long way home instead of grabbing an Uber/driving or taking the subway is another way I like to enjoy the last days of Summer. A cute coffee shop opened up near our home and Evie & I have been getting up and walking there in the mornings since our kitchen upgrades are not complete yet.
5. Weekend Getaways: We are all about weekend getaways! I’ve said this several times on here, but it’s one of my favorite things about living in the Northeast. We can drive 1-3 hours and be in a completely different place and have zero plans…and those tend to be the most amazing weekends! Like I mentioned above, we will be making quite a few trips in the next couple of months and 2 of them will happen while Summer is still here. I’m excited to travel, go hiking, finish training for my half marathon (ahhh!! more on that in a following post), and then welcome Fall with lots of relaxation.
6. Farmers Markets & Berry Picking: There’s nothing I love more in the warm weather than perusing our local farmer’s markets with my little family. I love knowing we are supporting local farmers while spending less on fresh produce. It’s a win-win! In addition, there are typically things to do in Boston near the farmers markets so we will make a day out of it.
How are you spending the last days of Summer?!
This post was written in collaboration with Follain and Stonewall Kitchen. All thoughts and opinions are, as always, my own. Thank you for supporting brands that we love and use AND that support Oh, I Design!