I still cannot believe our little Evie turned ONE just a little over a week ago! We were planning on having her party at a park on a beach near our home, but unfortunately it rained all day, so we had to move the party to Cody’s office. But everything turned out great thanks to Cody’s mom and my dad that were so gracious to help us with all the party prep. We really enjoyed celebrating our little munchkin’s first year on this earth with some of our family and friends!
Her party theme was all things Fall…which included apples in baskets, buffalo check table cloths, sunflowers, tomato soup shooters with grilled cheese, mini cupcakes, and s’mores for the guests! It was so great to be able to celebrate with friends + family in town!
Evie’s “smash” cake and mini cupcakes from Sweet Tooth Boston – SO delicious and beautiful! Our lovely friend, Kathryn of The Everyday Co., created the beautiful flower arrangements for us after a fun trip to the flower exchange. We had everyone sign her baby book and they got to leave with a s’more-making kit! A few candid shots of us because we forgot to get a really good one of all of us!A FEW THINGS:
– she LOVES waving at strangers, clapping and “dancing”
– she enjoys eating and sleeping (a lot)
– she says: mama (her favorite word right now!!), dada, hi, bella (kind of), buh-bye, wow, woah, uh-oh
– she’s crawling and is now pulling herself up on furniture to stand, but no sign of walking yet
– she likes to give lots of kisses and makes a kissing sound when I tell her to give her stuffed animal a kiss! UGH, my heart.
– her new favorite thing is to “cheese” which means she wrinkles her nose and squints her eyes with a big smile! It pretty much makes my heart explode every single time.
– she loves books, blocks and her bath toys
THOUGHTS ON MOTHERHOOD:
I could go on and on about becoming a mom. It’s absolutely had its ups and downs throughout the year, but my goodness, I love being a mom to Evie. She has taught us many things like: you can make someone’s day by just smiling at them, to have patience, and that family is so incredibly important. I cannot wait to see what’s in store for the years to come…Evie, you will never know how much you mean to your dad and I, thank you for being such a joy!!