Fall is in the air here in New England and I’m embracing every little bit of it! Give me all the cliches, the chai lattes and cozy sweaters, the apple picking adventures and nonstop leaf-peeping. But fall affects more areas of my life than just how many layers I need to wear when I head outdoors. With the change of seasons, and being a year postpartum (between skin changes and those baby hairs that stand straight up, oy, mamas, you get me), plus trying out Beautycounter’s new Countertime products, it was due time I switched up my skin care routine. My old one just wasn’t cutting it anymore.
The Countertime line is pretty amazing; it’s the first clean anti-aging skincare line with results that are comparable to retinol. The line features the plant-derived Retinatural Complex, which helps to firm, brighten and plump up the skin. AKA it fights aging but without the not-so-fun effects often found in retinol products like irritation and increased sensitivity to the sun. I was so excited to start trying out the line as soon as I heard about it, and let’s just say, I have not been disappointed.
Side note: the bottles are absolutely gorgeous AND recyclable. It’s a total win-win. Even Cody comments on how nice the packaging is!
PS. I’m a Beautycounter Consultant on the side so don’t be shy if you have any questions or product needs! I LOVE chatting skincare and helping others find the best fits for their own skincare situations. And while I’m a big fan of Beautycounter, I’ve accumulated quite the collection of various skincare brands and products over the years (shout out to my love Follain!) and happy to share any tips and tricks I’ve learned in the process!
Here are my current morning and evening skincare routines. I’ve come to relish both; the morning energizes me up for the day, and the evening routine is my sacred self-care time to decompress. Anyone else look forward to washing their face as much as I do?!
- I’m trying to become one of those people who smartly showers at night (just like my bestie Mary!), but until then, I start my day by washing my face IN the shower with either Fresh’s Soy Face Cleanser or Tata Harper’s Regenerating Cleanser. Both cleansers are super refreshing but also gentle enough for daily use. I’ve also been testing the Pai Brightening Exfoliator…not sure about it yet, to be honest.
- After getting out of the shower, I apply Beautycounter’s Countertime Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence: it’s almost like a super smooth and moisturizing toner, prepping my skin for the next steps.
- Next up is one of my favorite products in the whole Beautycounter Countertime line, their Tripeptide Radiance Serum. Super hydrating (as is the whole line) and helps me fight off lines and wrinkles because it’s never too early or too late to start!
- I have two little kiddos at home so taking care of those dark circles and lines around the eyes are a survival strategy. I apply Beautycounter’s Countertime Eye Cream and then their Antioxidant Soft Cream, which is basically magic in a bottle. It pumps, firms and gives my skin a solid boost of hydration for the day ahead.
- I wrap up my morning routine with Indie Lee’s Squalane Facial Oil. It is, without a doubt, the best budget-friendly facial oil hands down.
- First things first: remove all makeup with either the new Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil or one of my all-time favorite Beautycounter products ever, their do-it-all Cleansing Balm.
- Then I completely cleanse my face with either Indie Lee’s Brightening Cleanser or Fresh’s Soy Face Cleanser. Both are amazing regular cleansers that I adore; I can’t recommend them enough.
- With fall comes less sunshine unfortunately, so it’s time to now apply my Ursa Major Brighten Up Vitamin C Serum!
- My ultimate evening treat? Beautycounter’s Countertime Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream. It is topnotch hydration and I swear my skin is “glowier” than ever. I’ve noticed a big difference when I wake up and my skin is still moisturized!
- Last but not least, I apply a generous swipe of the Countertime Eye Cream just as I did in the AM, but this time it’s followed by climbing into bed with my latest book (or to scroll IG if we’re being honest).
1-2x A WEEK:
For a special boost a couple of times a week, I’ve been relying on Tata Harper’s Resurfacing Mask. It helps remove all the dead, dull, rough skin and what’s underneath, always feels incredibly refreshed and renewed afterwards. It’s one of my top five favorite face masks ever!
I joined the Beautycounter team almost a year ago (mostly for fun) and absolutely love answering any questions or assisting with product needs! I’m constantly learning about new products and trying out all that Beautycounter (and other brands!) have to offer, so don’t hesitate to shoot me a message with questions, ideas, suggestions and more!