To catch you up in case you’re new here, we moved into a new home in Boston at the beginning of May this year. Here is a post about the home and some before photos so you can get a sense of the space. As I mentioned in my last post, we have been focusing on updating the main level of the home because this is where we spend the majority of our time. I love the idea of slow designing because there is less pressure and I’m able to stretch our budget further on quality pieces that we REALLY love and find over time. I don’t want to just fill the home to fill the home, you know what I mean?
Anyway, thanks to our friends at Vermont Farm Table, we now have a beautiful, handmade dining table that has helped us create a dedicated dining space. I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this table. When we first moved in, I wasn’t sure if we even needed a dining table because of our large island. I thought we would end up eating at the island quite a bit, but I’ve found we really enjoy sitting at the table for dinner. Evie eats every meal here (with this placemat…haha) and her chair was basically meant for this table (see below!). Vermont Farm Table also made us a bench that we can easily push under the table which keeps the table closer to the windows for more space. This was a game-changer!
Selecting our Dining Table: We decided to go with the Tapered Shaker Dining Table in Ash White Wash in 66″l x 36″w x 30″h and the bench is 14″w x 60″l x 18″h. It took me a while to decide on a table because they have so many beautiful options and I wanted to make sure it was a table we felt would grow with us for years to come. We also love the Ash White Wash finish as it’s different enough from our floors that we don’t need a rug underneath and I love the light finish in our space…it really fits perfectly with our aesthetic. You can read more about the selection process here. Vermont Farm Table also put together a Buying Guide that I found to be incredibly helpful when deciding on our table.
A few things about VFT:
- the tables are built by hand in Vermont
- it only takes 2-6 weeks for production of tables + seating and delivery
- they can accommodate custom finishes!
- the finishing process includes multiple coats of oil-and-wax finish, hand-applied over the course of several days. This gives the finish the chance to penetrate the wood and provide a finish that will wear beautifully over time and help protect the wood from daily wear and tear.
- their team is incredible – I basically want to become best friends with them! We can’t wait to have this table in our home for many future dinners with family & friends with good conversations and lots of wine. I cannot thank the Vermont Farm Table team enough for collaborating with us on this post and gifting us such a beautiful table & bench.
Shop our Table + Bench
PROMO CODE: The kind folks at Vermont Farm Table have extended a 15% discount to our readers for tables & seating! The code is OHIDESIGN and it’s good for 15% through the end of November. Perfect timing for all of your Holiday/new year entertaining!
styling by: Mary of Millay Studio
photography by: Regan of Coastline Creatives