As we prepare for baby #2 (he/she is supposed to arrive any day now!), I’ve been running around the house like a crazy person trying to organize and clean each room. This is also known as “nesting”, an instinctual and overwhelming feeling of getting the house ready for a baby; in case you haven’t heard of this before (haha!). I literally cannot make myself sit down for longer than a few minutes…it’s so crazy.
Since we will be having a few out of town guests in the near future to meet the baby, I wanted to make sure this room felt comfortable and at least semi-pulled together. This room acts as a guest bedroom as well as storage for my business supplies, fabric/wallpaper samples, etc. (for now). We are slowly/thoughtfully designing our new home, so we have put this room at the bottom of our priority list as I eventually want to design the space fully and not just buy random pieces without a plan. So for now, I’m very happy with how the bed area and dresser wall are looking – the rest of the room is pretty bare right now other than one shelf of magazines/fabric samples.
All of that being said, we recently received a new luxe sheet set from PimaCott and I decided they should immediately go on our guest room bed which inspired me to update the rest of the bedding as well. Pimacott sent their Wamsutta Dream Zone Sheet Set in White and I’m not going to lie, I plan to order another set for our room because I love them so much. I am a big sheet critic as I believe your mattress, pillows, and sheets should be high quality since we spend so much time in bed and sleep is incredibly important to our overall health.
I try to take note of the different hotels I’ve stayed in that have nailed it in the details and implement them in our guest room. Things like…
- a coffee machine (we have a Nespresso & I’m obsessed)
- 2 coffee mugs & a bowl with Nespresso pods ready
- comfortable white sheets (our Pimacott sheets are a game changer!)
- a nice mattress (we have the Nectar Sleep memory foam mattress)
- towels + washcloths in a basket (I hate when guests have to ask where items like these are located)
- a card on the nightstand with our wifi info on it
Now I want to share a few reasons I love our Pimacott sheets:
- They are VERY soft + durable
- Made in the U.S. sustainably by California farmers with pure Pima cotton (loved reading about their ethical practices/standards here)
- The fitted sheet is deep with a boxer fit, which means the fitted sheet stays firmly in place. There’s nothing worse than having to pull a fitted sheet around your mattress every time you make the bed.
- They label the sides of the fitted sheet so you aren’t attempting to make the bed multiple times before getting it right
- No wrinkles! When I pulled them out of the dryer, they were not wrinkled like some of my other cotton sheets tend to do.
Now that our guest room feels a bit more pulled together (thanks for the amazing new sheets, Pimacott!), and I’m excited to host our future guests. I look forward to sharing the design plans for this room in 2019 and will include how I plan to organize all of my business products/samples! Stay tuned. 🙂
Oh, also! Pimacott has frequent giveaways on their instagram account! Be sure to follow them to learn more about their promotions and products!
Note: This post was created in partnership with Pimacott Cotton. As always, OID only partners with brands we truly love and use in our everyday. All thoughts, opinions and images are our own. Thank you for supporting brands that support Oh, I Design Blog!