I am very excited to share the second installment of my wellness series focusing on skincare! You can read the first one here. Let me begin by saying, for the past two years I have struggled with breakouts around my jawline and chin area. It got to the point where I was willing to try anything to make my skin look and feel better. After going through a ton of different skincare products to find what works for me, I believe I have finally found it and my skin is almost completely clear.
When I found out I was pregnant, I knew I wanted to make healthier choices (or at least try…hello carbs). If there was one thing I knew could use a refresh….it was my everyday skincare regimen. I began reading the ingredients of some of my products and quickly realized they were actually causing more harm than good (even though I was washing my face every night). Since the body’s largest organ is the skin…I knew it was time to make a change. Not only for me, but for Evie.
To give you an idea of what I previously used on my face – basically anything you could find at Target (not their organic lines)…like neutrogena, cetaphil, etc. Read here why cetaphil is not doing your skin any favors even though most dermatologists suggest it.
Okay so here are the products I use now:
- In the evening, I take off my make up with organic coconut oil. I put it all over my face and let it sit for 30 seconds or so and wipe it off with a cotton pad (you can also use a wash cloth). It makes your skin feel marvelous and it lasts forever vs. getting those make up remover wipes that I would have to replace every 20-30 days.
- Then I wash my face with the Farmaesthetics Fine Herbal Cleanser, tone with rose witch hazel, and put a drop of tea tree essential oil on any blemishes. This has been key for me and has (as of two weeks ago) cleared my skin of breakouts.
Side note: I am sure you have heard about essential oils by now..and after hearing many great stories about them (especially for kiddos), I wanted to try them out. So I joined a young living essential team and have been learning so much about their powers and how to implement them into our everyday lives. Reach out to me if you have any questions, want to order wholesale or if you want to join my team. It has been life-changing you guys.
- After I have put the tea tree oil on my blemishes, I apply this AMAZING face oil from Organic Bath Co.
- Then I my favorite One Love Organics eye cream.
- Sometimes at night, I will apply a moisturizer as well but it depends on how dry my skin feels.
- Then I apply lip balm and I’m off to bed!
- In the morning, I wash my face again with the same cleanser (I know some people recommend just using a toner and applying moisturizer, but this is what works for my skin).
- Then I apply the tea tree oil on any blemishes and a little frankincense on my lovely smile lines as I like to call them 😉
- After that, I apply the face oil and eye balm and apply my makeup!
One a week:
- I recently had the pleasure of meeting Josh Rosebrook at The W.E.L.L. Summit and he graciously gifted me a sample of his cacao mask. Guys. This stuff is worth every penny. It has helped my skin SO much and I don’t know if I will ever use another mask again.
- I absolutely love Organic Bath Co.’s scrubs, especially the java jolt. I use this once a week in the shower followed by their lavender body butter. I LOVE these products because I instantly feel like I stepped into a spa…in my bathroom. It’s glorious.
Now it’s time to transition my make-up to all organic as well as my shampoo and conditioner. Small steps 🙂
Note: this post was not sponsored. I just wanted to share how much I love these products with you!